Monday, November 25, 2013

Day #22 Things you've learned that school won't teach you

I've honestly learned a lot of things that school won't teach me. First of all, I've learned how to write creatively. English class won't teach you how to be creative--that's something you have to learn on you  own. Basically, school doesn't teach a person how to be unique or creative, all of that has to be learned outside of the school building. I learned this by reading and writing on my own time. The ability to create has to be exercised regularly in order to master, and that's something i've done on my own.  School also doesn't teach a person how to take the lead on something. They push you toward that, but they never officially tell you how. I've had to do this multiple times on my own, especially when it comes to dealing with my little sisters. I'm the eldest, so i've had to learn how to become a leader on my own. I've also learned that school IS NOT the most important thing in my life. School DEMANDS that it be your everything, your all. It demands for your time during the day, and even the time you have OFF OF IT (which i think is incredibly stupid--school work should not be done at home. Homework is the single most stupidest thing ever invented. We go to school eight hours a day, therefore, we should not have to go home and spend four more hours working on MORE WORK. If that is what school is for, then they should just have us stay at school from 8 a.m. to 9p.m. because that's how late I get homework done some nights). Your life is way more important. At least it should be. It's about PEOPLE. It's about forming friendships and relationships with people--LIVING. Not school. School doesn't teach you that at all. Also, school doesn't teach you what your purpose is and who you are. That, unfortunately, has to be completely discovered on your own. School really only deals with basic education--stuff you need to be smart when it comes to the BOOKS. It doesn't teach you about LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment