Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day #12 A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

So, I'm going to be a bit serious on this one because I just feel very serious today.
I'm going to give a piece of advice that's been really apparent to me lately, and has been affecting me on a day to day basis in my own life.

Don't let people change you for the worse.
Sometimes the people you know and trust don't treat you right. I know, I know, they're supposed to care about you and support you and be there for you always, but sometimes they aren't.  It's completely awful and miserable when they don't.  You feel  betrayed, thrown under the bus, and just completely worn. It  makes you feel like you've done something wrong. They were on your side once, right? So did they change or did you change?  Did you push them away?

Truth is, they are the one who changed.
It doesn't matter how much you beat yourself up--the truth will always be the same. They are the one who decided to make the change, not you. And it hurts--it really does. You  want things to be the same again. You might not know what you did--but you didn't do anything but be yourself.

People change. It's terrible, but they do. Like I said in my previous blog: People are scary because you don't know what they are thinking. You don't always know what drives them to do what they do, or what drives them to be nice to you one day and mean to you the next.

But no matter what happens, keep this in mind: Don't let them change you. Don't let them get under your skin. Don't let them make you feel terrible. If they want to be like that, then let them go. It really is their loss.

I know that all the 'self esteem' websites probably say the exact same thing, but this really is true.

You have to take care of yourself.
The world would be a better place and people would be happier if everyone stayed true to themselves and didn't let those that hurt them change them.


No comments:

Post a Comment